I really love this antique, probably Victorian, chest of drawers, despite its sad state.
My hope is to one day being able to use it in my home – but before that, it will need at least a degree of TLC to make it functional, if not perfect. I might be in for a looong term plan…
Some time ago I made a start, by repairing one of the broken drawers: the back was partly broken and coming off, part of the sides were split and bits had come off.
To restore it, I used wood glue to reattach the parts that had broken off, while for the joins I opted for liquid hide glue because it’s reversible (this is what could be used for “proper’ restoration, as it can be later taken apart if needed).
This is the drawer after the repair
I’m quite pleased with the results!
Ideally, this work should be done in a garage or a workshop – that is, if you had one….