My Nurmilintu had a set back while ago, when I was nearing the end of the main section, the needle slipped and many stitches came undone. The shawl is knit in a beautiful but slippery and unforgiving yarn (The Natural Dye Studio’s Dazzle Sock in Dragonfly, 100% Bluefaced Leicester wool)… it was not possible to rescue. Frogged back by a significant chunk of the body and time-contumely picked the stitches up… sigh. Then re-knit.
Now the body is done and the shawl went to the side – got a bit stuck because I wasn’t familiar with the stitch for the border… Also, I didn’t like the pointy border that much. The border was rethought and I decided to go for a knit-on border. I found some tutorials and nice candidates, but stopped there…
I hope to gather the swing again and finish it in the near future!
I’m about to complete the Old Shale Shawl, after a long time in the making (and hibernating).
I cannot yet officially start projects for the Summer of Basics 2018 (aka Make your Own Basics), so this morning I’ve been perusing my Ravelry queue and picked up a couple of projects (this may be a wildly optimistic plan…).
The first is the famous Nurmilintu shawl, because it looks pretty and easy, and it’s also free. Plus I have a weak spot for Finnish (Nurmilintu means “sleep, sleep, little bird” from an old Finnish lullaby). I plan to make it with Natural Dye Studio Sock yarn in Dragonfly:
The other project is the Pixel Stitch Socks, a beautiful free pattern by Putl Soho, to be made in Natural Dye Studio’s Dazzle HT Sock in Whitby Pool and Lynmouth – high twist yarn for longer durability.
I’m sure I won’t get much done with them until the end of the month, but it’ll be fun anyway!
I'm a professional scavenger making a living selling curbside garbage. This blog details my finds and sales. It also acts as an archive for things beautiful and historic that would otherwise have been destroyed.